The definition of charcuterie literally means "ham, sausage, and other sliced meats or the place that sells those meats" and the term "charcuterie board" often refers to an assortment of meats that are paired with different accompaniments, such as toast, fruit, cheese, and sauces. It has been so fun picking out various meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, chips, dips, sauces, breads, and chocolates for our boards...yes, I said chocolates! Who wouldn't want a nice piece of fine chocolate after a slice of delicious brie! It's just a little bit of heaven right there!
We have a gathering at our home monthly, the "Empty Nesters" group from our church. We went to town making our charcuterie board for Sunday night's gathering...
It's great for entertaining and can be made as a complete meal or you can make a smaller appetizer tray if desired, and the best part, no heating of the oven is involved! We also served 3 types of desserts as well.
There is still plenty of time left this summer to make your charcuterie tray! As a sidenote, I bought my tray at Pier 1 and it's quite large, but I have seen several medium to smaller ones available. Home Goods has a great selection.
There is no right or wrong way in putting together a charcuterie board. The ideas are limitless!

This post is linked to the following parties:
http://diyshowoff.com/category/other/that-diy-party/
Tatertots and Jello

I love that! It looks classy and inviting both!
ReplyDeleteSo fun and great for a crowd!
ReplyDelete